Miranda was happy to volunteer at The Big Latch On and offer complimentary Breastfeeding/Nursing Portraits! The event was put on by the West Allis-West Milwaukee Breastfeeding Coalition, the West Allis Health Department and the city of West Allis. It took place at the West Allis Farmers Market and was a huge success!
This event was part of a global event taking place at registered locations around the world, where women gather together to breastfeed and offer peer support to each other.
From The Global Big Latch On:
Global Big Latch On events aim to protect, promote & support breastfeeding families by:
• Provide support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide on-going breastfeeding support and promotion in local communities.
• Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available locally and globally.
• Help communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
• Make breastfeeding as normal part of day-to-day life at a local community level.
• Increase support for people who breastfeed – they are supported by their partners, family and their communities.
• Ensure communities have the resources to advocate for coordinated appropriate and accessible breastfeeding support services.